Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gunblogger Duty Done

Meet Jo. Some years ago, she sat on the other side of my high school Journalism class. Three years ago, she received a pistol as a gift, but no instruction or range time. This week I remedied that oversight with some familiarization shooting. Jo tackled everything from a little Bernadelli .22 to a Colt .45 ACP.








A brain fart left my Ruger SP-101 hiding in my lens bag, so Jo got a exclusive diet of automatics.  She did equally well with the GLOCK 19 and 23, but struggled with cocking the stiff recoil spring on the .45. She seemed to enjoy shooting everything I offered and got most hits on the paper plate about 15 feet down range.

Next outing will feature the revolver and a 9-mm carbine.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the great instruction and I'm looking forward to the next one!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have found that generally women make better students. They don't think they are better that Davy Crockett, etc... :)

    Merle

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Glenn B said…

    Good deed you did, another shooter in the fold.

    All the best,
    Glenn B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004